Rhinebeck Bus Trip 2014

Monday, November 18, 2013

Updates

Weeks have been flying by for me.  I think about blog posts, but don't manage to do them, and then it's Tuesday (& time for Ten on Tuesday).

Part of the problem is that some of the posts I have in my head involve pictures that are on a digital camera.  I'm unable to save those pictures with my work computer & I don't actually have a computer at home.  My daughter has one, and I can borrow it, but it usually needs charged and just ends up seeming like a lot of work.

Another part of the problem is that I've been sick since the end of September (sinus infections(s), ear infection, bronchitis, strep throat).  I also had an unfortunate side effect from one of the medicines I was prescribed.  A lot of my free time has been spent resting/trying to get well.

My blue, Custom Fit sweater should have been done by now.  It has been such a quick knit!  But I found myself not spending much time knitting while I was sick.  Last night, I finished the front (the back was already finished), and I sewed the shoulder seams together.  All that's left is to pick up the stitches for the sleeves and knit them in the round.  That will be a quick knit, too.  The sleeves are only 3/4 length, and they're all stockinette stitch (which is all knit stitch when knitting in the round). I tend to speed-knit when I'm knitting in the round - which is why I've always loved knitting hats.

I love the Custom Fit pattern - it's so simple!  I feel like I could knit hundreds of this pattern (so that I have my favorite sweater in all of my favorite colors).  The only drawback is the yarn.  I just don't have an endless supply of Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein yarn (I know, I feel it's very unfair, too!).  My Christmas list this year may consist of yarn/yarn gift certificates.  Who knew I would love knitting sweaters so much?!?

That's all I have for today.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. It's terrible to be sick at any time, but it's the aftermath of being ill that gets you!

    Happy sweater knitting (and wearing)!

    ReplyDelete