Today's Ten on Tuesday post is another writing prompt: I feel. So, here we go...
1. I feel happy to be in my 40's. It's such a freeing age.
2. I feel blessed to have a daughter who is so intelligent, empathetic, and kind hearted. She "gets" things that a lot of adults don't get. She speaks her mind, and she speaks out against injustice.
When she was young (maybe 6 or 7?), we were leaving the convenience store close to our house. It's in a little strip mall. I'm waiting for the light to turn green when I hear, "That's not right! That's not fair to say no-one Chinese!" She was very offended. I was trying to figure out where this outburst came from, when I saw the sign: No. 1 Chinese. As in, Number 1 Chinese (restaurant). I quickly explained to her that, sometimes, No (period) is used to abbreviate the word number, and that the sign wasn't really stating that no Chinese people were allowed.
3. I feel like there's never enough knitting time.
4. I feel tired.
5. I feel stressed (most days).
6. I feel especially stressed when I realize that my daughter will be able to drive in a year (increased car insurance), and that she'll soon be old enough for college (again, money).
7. I feel extremely thankful for what I have: my family & friends, a home, food, a car, a job.
8. I also feel thankful for knitting and for yarn.
9. I feel happy to have so many hand knit items to wear. I can't stress enough how COLD this winter has been!
10. I feel happy, too, that I have people who read this blog, even though I post sporadically and tend to ramble. :-)