Today's Ten on Tuesday post is a little different. It's a writing prompt. So, here it goes...
1. I am feeling accomplished and well-organized because I cleaned out my filing cabinet & made files for my current needs (expenses and such). Now, when I have a receipt or a bill (or pay stub, or report card for my daughter), I just walk over to the filing cabinet, pull out the drawer, and drop the item in the appropriate file.
2. I am excited that my 1st Rockin' Sock Club shipment of 2014 arrived. The Sock Club is one of my Christmas gifts and I love it (because I get 6 shipments throughout the year!).
3. I am super excited that one of the patterns in the January Sock Club shipment is a shawlette. I love shawlettes and think everyone should have at least one - they're so versatile!
4. I am proud of myself for going through my yarn stash and rearranging some of it (so that it's better organized).
5. I am on a mission to knit scarves to leave around Downtown Lancaster, for anyone who needs them. This was not my idea - I saw a picture on facebook, of someone in Canada who is doing this. I think this is a wonderful idea, though. I have some Paton's Classic Merino in my stash - that I bought for one thing or another - that makes soft, warm scarves. I'm making them wide, so that people can use them as a head and/or face covering, too.
6. I am looking forward to the changes I am making in 2014. That's another post - I just need to add links to it.
7. I am also nervous about 2014 because there have been some major financial changes for me, and I'm not sure how things are going to work out.
8. I am SO sick of ice! The cold, I can handle, but the ice? I'm done with it!
9. I am glad football is over, so that my facebook newsfeed isn't clogged with football posts.
10. I am feeling like winter will soon be gone and then it'll be hot & humid and I hate being hot and in humidity. This also makes me feel like I have to knit everything really fast, because I'm running out of knitting time (since I rarely knit in the summer).