Rhinebeck Bus Trip 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Hat!

Ever since Fall started, I've been feeling like Super Knitter.  I feel like I'm knitting fast, and knitting well, and that there isn't anything I can't handle. 

Maybe Super Knitter should be a thing?  You know, a comic book, and an action figure.  I'm not saying that it should be me, but that someone should create Super Knitter.  She could save knitters all over the world.  What do you think her Super Power would be?  Would she wear a cape?  Maybe a cashmere one?

Ok, well, if you're into that kind of thing and create a Super Knitter comic, please let me know so that I can read it!

Last week I started a hat - the Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat.  It looked like this:

 
I think the yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Art's Leticia, since that's what the pattern called for (& at that time, I often used the yarn a pattern called for).  Apparently, it's no longer available.  I'm not sure which colorway that is, either.
 
I initially bought this yarn in order to make the hat for my cousin, who was going to be spending a few years in Albania (the colors are her favorite colors).  I never made the hat.  I think I started it, but didn't finish it.  At that time, I didn't know how to knit cables without a cable needle & all of those cable rows were tedious.
 
Years have gone by.  I am a much better knitter than I was back then, and, I know how to knit cables without a cable needle.  So, this hat was a quick knit for me.  It's 16 rows twice, and then you do the decreases.  Because I couldn't find any of my needles in the size the pattern calls for, I knit the hat on size US10.  I added one repeat to the total number of stitches (I think each repeat is 14 sts).  I'm happy with the end result:
 
 
I think this hat could be knit in one day.  It took me a few days because I started it, then didn't work on it for a day or two, then did one of the 16-row repeats (late at night).  I finished the hat yesterday.
 
 
I had a good bit of yarn left over.  I'll need to weigh it & the hat, but I'm thinking there may be enough for a second hat.  It's interesting to me that, in this picture, there appears to be a pattern to the colors.  You can't really see that when you look at the hat in real life.  Also, this is the hat before it's been blocked.
 
Now I need to figure out what I'm going to knit next...
 
Make it a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way your hat turned out and the colors are so pretty. I wonder if I have some bulky yarn around here.

    ReplyDelete