Rhinebeck Bus Trip 2014

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Feeling Like a Grown Up

The Ten on Tuesday topic this week is:  Ten Things That Make You Feel Like A Grown Up.  Here's my list:

1.  My job.  Going to a job every day  - in bad weather, in the summer, between Christmas and New Year's Day, and when I don't want to. 
2.  Planning a trip.  The whole process of planning (& paying for) a trip makes me feel grown up.  I really felt this way this past summer, when I decided to take my daughter & two of her friends camping at Assateague.  I had to plan the food, make sure we had everything we would (or might) need, make sure I knew what to do in emergencies, make judgment calls about the weather. 
3.  Having a child.  The responsibility of it, and the decisions that one needs to make.  I'm a single parent, so my decisions are mine (good or bad).  It can be a little overwhelming sometimes.
4.  Being able to go where I want, when I want.  For the most part I can do this.  Of course I have places I need to be (like work) at a certain time.  But in my free time, I get to decide where I go.
5.  Making life decisions - career, where to live, to have a child or not, how to spend my money, etc.
6.  Having a car.  And car insurance.  And repair costs.  And gas costs.
7.  Buying food.  I decide what I'm going to eat.
8.  My self-awareness.  I know myself and am so much more comfortable with myself than I was as a child and teen.
9.  Saying 'no' to some people/things/events.
10.  Doing things because they need to be done - even when I don't want to do them.

What are some things that make you feel like a grown up?

No comments:

Post a Comment