I am a pretty warm person, so the cold doesn't bother me as much as it bothers
1. The cold weather makes me want to knit! And, really, this could be all 10 of answers. I don't feel like touching fiber when it's hot. So the cold weather is a nice change for me. It makes me want to knit EVERYTHING!
2. Being 'snowed in'. I have to admit that I took some time off work this year, to be 'snowed in' with my daughter, when I really could have made it to work.
3. Soup. Cold weather makes me want to make soup. And I made an amazing quinoa vegetable soup (twice) this winter!
4. Reading. I love to read. The cold weather gives me an excuse to spend more time reading.
5. I get to wear my hand knits! I LOVE being able to wear things I've made. I love that I have these items (I feel so clever, and well-prepared). And I often wonder what non-knitters do in the winter. Maybe they would enjoy the cold weather more if they had hand knit items? I have a cashmere Mobius scarf that keeps me so warm and is so very soft...I love being able to wear it. And when the temps get really cold - like they are today - I just pile on more hand knit items (the Mobius scarf, a shawlette around my face, a hat, thrummed mittens).
6. Hot tea. I love drinking hot tea made from loose leaf tea. I love shopping for tea, and picking out the types and flavors that I want. Hot tea and a book!
7. The cold weather gives me an excuse. If I really don't want to go somewhere or do something, the cold weather is a good "reason" not to go (or do it).
8. The beauty of nature. Snow on trees - beautiful! And going outside while it's snowing (or just after it's stopped), and the world seems so quiet and peaceful. Or, those cold days with sunny blue skies.
9. Ice. Ok. I know I said I dislike ice. But when you see ice covered trees, they're so pretty. And around downtown Lancaster, there are interesting icicle "sculptures" on things like lights and street signs. Ice can be beautiful (as long as I don't have to try to walk on it!).
10. The cold weather reminds me of how lucky I am, and of how thankful I am for the things that I have (a home with heat, a car with heat, an indoor job, hand knits, food, water). I know that there are many people who don't have these things and the cold weather is very dangerous for them.
What do you like about winter?