Rhinebeck Bus Trip 2014

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

10 Foods That Belong Together

Here are my top 10 foods that belong together...

1.  Peanut butter and jelly (sandwich).  I took this to school for lunch every day in 2nd grade.  I still love peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.  Black raspberry jelly is usually what I use, but I like most flavors of jelly.
2.  Rice & beans.  I love arroz con gandules (rice with pigeon peas), but I will eat rice with most kinds of beans.
3.  Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. 
4.  Swiss cheese and mustard.
5.  Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.  This is the New Year's Day "good luck" food here in Lancaster County (along with a pork roast).  Since I don't eat meat, I just eat the sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.
6.  Buttered bread and apple butter.  Yes, I know that's really three things.  In Lancaster County, it's common to have buttered bread (we usually say, "butter bread") with supper.  Apple butter absolutely should be added to that buttered bread.
7.  Soup and crackers.  Some soups require saltines (tomato soup) and some require Ritz crackers (vegetable soup).
8.  Peanut butter and marshmallow (cream) - this combo can be on crackers (Ritz), or on bread, as a sandwich.
9.  Honey and lemon.  I drink this in tea, or just in hot water.  I use raw honey.
10.  Cream cheese and pepper jelly.  Around here, you can get pepper jelly made out of sweet (Bell) peppers, or out of hot peppers.  It's sweet and somewhat tangy.  Spread the cream cheese on a saltine type cracker, add the jelly, and it's so yummy!

There's my list.  What are some foods you like to eat together?

No comments:

Post a Comment