This week's Ten on Tuesday was fun for me. I've done this type of thing (tell 2 truths and 1 lie about yourself) many times as an "ice breaker" or "get to know you" type exercise (in trainings, staff meetings, etc.). I usually dislike ice breaker-type activities, but this one I like. I think it's because I have control over what I let others know. Anyway, here are the answers to my April Fools Ten on Tuesday:
1. I was born in Key West - at Key West Naval Hospital.
2. I did go to three schools (in two states) for third grade. It was the year that my family was moving from Great Lakes, IL to California. My Mom & I stayed in PA, with her parents, while my Dad went to CA and got us a house and car & started work. Then we joined him. So, I started third grade in PA, then we moved to Long Beach, CA, where we lived for 6 months while my Dad's ship was in dry dock. After that, we moved to Imperial Beach (San Diego County), CA. We lived there until I was in high school.
3. I do not love steak. I don't eat meat at all.
4. Summer is not my favorite month - especially in PA. I hate the heat and I hate the humidity. I love Fall.
5. I am an only child.
6. Neither of my grandmothers knit. A great-aunt tried to teach me when I was 17 or 18. She is right-handed and had a really hard time teaching me (I am left-handed). I have since learned that many right-handed people think that left-handed people need to knit differently. The fact is that everyone holds one needle in their left hand and one in their right. So left-handed knitters don't have to knit any differently than right-handed knitters. Then, when I was in my 30's, I read Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street books, was enchanted, and decided to learn to knit. I learned by watching an episode of Knitty Gritty that Vickie Square was on. I knew of Vickie because I had this book.
7. Like Jack Reacher, the hardest question for me to answer is "where are you from?" I was born in FL, and grew up all over the country. We moved every three years or so. I don't know how to determine where I'm from.
8. Pink is not my favorite color. In fact, I very much dislike it. And don't even get me started on how all things marketed towards girls and women have to be pink! Blue is my favorite color, although, as I get older I select greens a lot. The fact is, it's hard for me to pick "favorite" things. Especially colors. I like so many colors!
9. I do not like to talk on the phone. I am so glad I live in a time where there's email and texting! I talk on the phone for work, but rarely outside of work. I believe it's part of being an introvert.
10. I am so not a project knitter! I never only have one project on the needles and have many UFO's. I am a total process knitter.