Rhinebeck Bus Trip 2014

Friday, April 11, 2014

Some knitting...

I haven't been doing a lot of knitting.  I still have a few things on the needles - the Custom Fit sweater that only needs the sleeves knit (in the round), the Paper Lanterns shawlette from the January Rockin' Sock Club shipment, and now, a cowl:

I started it Wednesday night, while watching some episodes of season two of Covert Affairs.  I got a Kindle (Fire HDX) for Christmas & have recently discovered how much I love watching shows on it.  I discovered this in March, when I got hooked on House of Cards (and ended up watching both seasons in a two-week span).  Now I'm getting caught up with Covert Affairs.  This is a show that I've watched sporadically over the years.  I decided to start over, with the pilot, and then move through the seasons, so that I don't miss anything.  Plus, I like to watch shows (and read books) in order.

So, last night I cast on for this cowl.  The yarn is from Phydeaux.  *That's pronounced like Fido.  It is a merino/cashmere/nylon blend.  This is a super  soft, strong yarn.  It would show cables beautifully.  I'm loving this yarn!  I got it in a Yarnbox shipment.  The pattern?  Well, it's just one I made up.  I cast on enough stitches so that I could easily join the stitches to knit in the round (I could only find one needle cable, and it's a little longer than I'd like).  I k2,p2 until I was tired of doing ribbing, and then I switched to all knit.  I did do some decreases, because I feel there were too many stitches.  I'll knit until I'm close to running out of yarn (I have two skeins of that yarn), do some more ribbing, and then bind off.

I'm looking forward to some knitting/Covert Affairs watching time this weekend.  Sadly, it's Spring, which means that weekends are now BUSY.  People in PA don't plan many events for weekends in the Winter.  But Spring?  EVERYTHING happens on the same weekend!  I just want to knit and watch Covert Affairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment