Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Movies You Can Watch Over and Over Again and Never Tire Of. I do this a lot, so I'm going to have a hard time sticking to only ten. And I'm not going to include movies that I watched over and over when my daughter was young, such as Blue's Big Musical.
1. The Sound of Music. It's a musical, a love story, and a good vs. evil story. What's not to like?
2. The Wizard of Oz. This one also has music, good vs. evil and fantasy.
3. Grease. I was in 2nd grade when this movie came out. I was already an Olivia Newton John fan, so my mom took me to the theater to see this movie. This had to have been one of the first movies I saw in a theater (if not the first). I have seen it many, many, many times since then. I owned the album (2-record set), I had the bubblegum cards, and I have owned this movie in various forms (VHS, dvd, special edition dvd, etc.).
4. Wayne's World. This movie cracks me up. I work in an emotionally draining field, so I love movies that make me laugh.
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I have seen this movie many, many times.
6. Sixteen Candles. I'm a child of the 80's, although, I don't think I saw any of the "80's" movies during the 80's. My favorite part is when Jake Ryan is waiting outside the church, by his car for Sam. I also like other Molly Ringwald movies: The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink.
7. Legally Blond. I like Reese Witherspoon, and her character, Elle. I also like Sweet Home Alabama (another Reese Witherspoon movie).
8. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. And The Hobbit. These are good knitting movies for me. Also, I have a crush on Aragorn.
9. Drew Barrymore movies: 50 First Dates, Never Been Kissed, The Wedding Singer...I can't think of others, but I'm sure there are others. Drew and Adam Sandler? I love them together!
10. Miss Congeniality. Love Sandra Bullock.
Here are some others I've watched many times: SWAT, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, other Kate Hudson & Matthew McConaughey movies, The Hangover, Thor, The Hunger Games, Hitch, the Harry Potter movies.
What are some movies that you never tire of?