Rhinebeck Bus Trip 2014

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Getting a Little Wild

When I was 11, I found out that I needed to wear glasses.  I cried.  I wanted braces, not glasses!  I hated having to wear glasses.  In junior high, I only put them on when I needed to see the board in class.  When I was 16 or 17, my parents allowed me to get contacts.  I loved contacts (they aren't glasses!).  So, for many years, I wore contacts (and just kept an old pair of glasses as a back up).  After I had my daughter, I wore my glasses more often, or, at least as often as I wore contacts.  Through all these years, whenever I have picked out glasses, I have chosen frames that don't stand out & aren't very noticeable.  I guess I figured that if I have to wear glasses, then at least they won't be the first thing people notice when they look at me.

Last week I ordered new glasses.  They arrived today.  These glasses are unlike any glasses I have ever had.  They're wild (for me)!  They're kind of cat eye shaped, and the frames are black.  They stand out.  I'm still getting used to how they look,  but I feel so wild & trendy when I have them on.  Another wild & crazy thing?  These glasses do not have transition lenses.  They are clear.  I also bought a second pair of glasses - prescription sunglasses!  SO wild and crazy!  Two pairs of glasses!  My new sunglasses are big and dark.  I call them my movie star sunglasses.  They cover my  whole eye (and will protect my eyes!).  I'm so exicted!  This is the first time (I've been wearing glasses for 31 years now) I've ever had prescription sunglasses!

Tomorrow I'm off to Rhinebeck (my first time!) with my wild & crazy glasses & with a completed hand-knit sweater (the first sweater I ever made!)!  I'm SO excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment